How can Monsoon and glowing skin go hand in hand, you might wonder. After all, isn't monsoon season a tricky time for skin, hair and everything in between? The answer is NO- not if you make a little extra effort for your skin and follow the skincare tips for monsoon that we will share today. Rest assured that just with a wee bit of care that smooth, glowing reflection in the mirror awaits, come hail or rain.
Read on to find out the best skincare tips for a glowing, radiant skin this monsoon!
1. Since monsoon season is all about dampness and humidity, skin and hair are prone to microbial manifestation and infections. So make sure that you keep the skin free of dampness. Wash it thrice a day with a good face wash to wipe off all oil and grime.
2. Use a non alcoholic toner to tone your skin and maintain its pH balance. A pH balanced skin glows automatically.
3. Exfoliate your skin with a good but gentle scrub daily to keep it clog free.
4. Even though you need to keep the skin dry, a good moisturizer(depending on your skin type )is a must. Follow up with a sunscreen in case you are stepping out.
5. Healthy skin come with a healthy diet. Drink plenty of water and eat fruits and veggies to keep the system fresh and nourished from the inside.
6. Humidity can make you sweat and lose water and salt so make sure you drink enough water, otherwise the skin gets dull and pale.
7. Keep your SCALP clean as well. Wash your hair thrice a week or even daily if the need be. Oily/dirty scalp leads to various fungal infections and dandruff which affects the facial skin as well.
8. Avoid bleaching and facial clean ups as much as possible as they strip the skin off moisture taking away the glow further.
9. Do not bathe/shower in hot water. It will again rip the skin off moisture leaving it exposed, dull and lifeless.
10. Eat wholesome meals with enough fat as it keeps your body and hence skin moisturized.
11. And lastly, Use homemade- natural packs. Our kitchens are full of wonder ingredients that can beat most cosmetic treatments when it comes to healing and giving a natural glow to the skin.
Here are some Natural face packs that you can try for Glowing skin this monsoon-
Honey is a wonder ingredient that works as an excellent moisturizer. Simply mix 2 teaspoons of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of honey and leaving it on the face for 20 minutes before rinsing. Dab it dry to find your skin supple and hydrated.
Papaya has natural bleaching properties so for a glowing skin in monsoon, Mash 2 teaspoon of ripe papaya with a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and honey each. Apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing with water and rose water. For a glowing and ever dazzling face, try the remedy at least twice a week.
Walnuts are excellent scrubbers as well as have nourishment . For a super effective monsoon pack, Mix a teaspoon each of walnut powder and yogurt and apply on the face. When the paste dries, scrub the mixture off the face before washing it with lukewarm water.
Try these super effective tips and tricks for a glowing skin this monsoon and enjoy the rains without worrying about those skincare woes. Enhance the joy of the season by shopping some dazzling looks at Peachmode and create that perfectly gorgeous monsoon style statement.